During the summer, as part of our on-going programme of refurbishment, the first floor of the Colet Court music school was transformed into a fresh and modern facility. The Holst Room is now a smart and modern, fresh-looking gallery and performance space, with new seating for the school choir and audience.
The upper floor has been thoroughly modernised throughout with new floors, new windows, new storage units and a new music media facility in the newly named Purcell room.
The music classroom has changed dramatically. The lighting has been updated, new seating has been installed and the blinds replaced. The room boasts new made-to-measure wall storage units for the classroom instruments, including a new set of classroom glockenspiels.
In the old percussion room, renamed the Purcell Room, the keyboard room walls have been knocked down and the space opened up. This room houses our departmental sheet music library, as well as a suite of new computers and keyboards which will be used for classroom composition workshops.
New wooden floors have improved the acoustic throughout the building and added to the modern ‘art gallery’ look of the department.
Talks are under way with our Director of Art, Neil Groom, to install some abstract, music art on the walls of the Holst Room and other rooms in time.
- May1ABRSM exam entries due (CC Music Office)
- May6Jazz Performance Class (Holst Room)
- May8Apposition rehearsal for selected members of Recital Choir (Wathen Hall)
- May9Apposition rehearsal for selected members of Recital Choir (Wathen Hall)
- May9Apposition Matins for selected members of Recital Choir
- May13Singers' Performance Class (Holst Room)